- Peptide Therapy: The Next Step in Hormone Replacement
Peptide Therapy: The Next Step in Hormone Replacement
Peptide Therapy is an exciting, cutting-edge medical science that uses specific amino acid sequences called “peptides” that, when properly administered, communicate with different parts of the body, potentially enhancing the function of the entire body by binding to receptors on the cell surface and signaling optimal messages for health improvement.
To date, over 7,000 naturally-occurring peptides have been identified. We are now seeing that peptide therapy is gaining more notoriety with physicians because these peptides are highly specific in their action and very effective. Because peptides are mostly naturally occurring in the body, they are typically extremely well-tolerated and very safe.
Peptide Therapy helps with a broad range of health conditions:
- enhancing growth hormone production;
- balancing hormones;
- improving sexual disorders and erectile dysfunction;
- Alzheimer’s disease;
- insomnia and stress disorders;
- treating obesity;
- inflammatory diseases;
- autoimmune disorders;
- tissue repair, including joints, tendons and ligaments, and bone.
Peptide therapy is the most cutting-edge therapy in hormone replacement and endocrine system enhancement. Peptides have been shown to safely and effectively improve and modulate specific parts of hormone production, immune function, cell division and renewal, libido and sexual arousal, brain function, and mood. The side effect is extremely low because of the natural peptide structure.
Let’s review the purposes of 10 peptides that are currently offered to patients.
Fat Loss and Muscle Building
1. CJC 1295 + Ipamorelin and Sermorelin are peptides used in fat loss and muscle building. If you are looking for a way to slow the aging process and replace what has diminished over time from the natural aging process, Sermorelin and CJC + Ipamorelin offer many benefits including:
- increased lean body mass;
- body fat reduction;
- improved energy and vitality;
- increased endurance and strength;
- accelerated wound healing;
- improved immune function;
- improved cardiovascular function;
- improved sexual performance and libido;
- improved sleep.
Sermorelin and CJC + Ipamorelin support natural HGH production which is essential for overall cell regeneration and cell reproduction, leading to improved vitality, cognitive function, and overall anti-aging benefits.
Sermorelin and CJC + Ipamorelin are well-tolerated and safe ways to increase your natural production of human growth hormone. And since they are growth hormone secretagogues (which naturally increase your own natural growth hormone production instead of replacing it), they both are very safe options in terms of risks absence.
2. Bremelanotide (PT-141) is another peptide that has been found to be useful in treating sexual disorders. Injecting Bremelanotide can be beneficial in the following ways:
- increased sex drive and sexual desire;
- increased sexual frequency;
- treatment of erectile dysfunction/impotence;
- treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder;
- higher natural energy levels;
- relief from lethargy or tiredness.
With PT 141, the immediate effects are not the only benefits you might see. Increased sexual activity can improve your mental and physical well-being. It can help boost the immune system and, in women, promote bladder control and strengthen pelvic floor muscles. In men, it can reduce the risk of a stroke or heart attack (according to The American Journal of Cardiology). Other benefits are similar to those seen with exercise, including burning fat and calories, lowering blood pressure, and reducing stress levels.
Cellular and DNA Repair
3. Thymosin Alpha 1 inhibits viral replication, stimulates stem cells, and aids in the production of new immune cells. Once it helps activate the immune system, it then helps kill bacteria, fungal, viral infections, and tumor cells. The immune system function is very critical to prevent disease and infection.
Thymosin Alpha 1 offers many benefits including:
- immune-enhancing peptide;
- helps prevent infections such as the common cold or the flu and diseases;
- reduces inflammation in the body;
- suppresses tumor growth;
- aids in the removal of acute or chronic infections;
- has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties;
- supports the eradication of unhealthy cells (including cancer growth);
- protects your cells against oxidative stress and damage;
- inhibits viral replication;
- improves symptoms associated with chronic fatigue.
4. Thymosin Beta-4 is a 43-amino-acid peptide that promotes healing throughout the body. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Found naturally in higher concentrations at injury sites, the water-soluble protein can repair tissue damage and regulate cell migration to a site. It can improve wound healing and repair not only the skin, but also the brain, spinal cord, and heart.
In addition, TB4 has a low molecular weight and doesn’t bind to the extracellular matrix. This enables it to easily travel throughout body tissues, which promotes a faster rate of healing. The peptide travels long distances, so it usually doesn’t have to be injected directly at the injury site.
Thymosin Beta-4 is most often used by people looking to quickly recover from injuries. Athletes may use it to speed healing and get on the field sooner; they can also benefit from enhanced muscle growth, tone, and stamina. However, the peptide has numerous other benefits, ranging from improved muscle development and repair to stretching of connective tissues to improve flexibility, to the prevention of fibrous band formation in body tissues. It is also used to treat:
Arthritis: Effective in treating inflammatory conditions, TB4 can act on inflamed tissue and even help improve mobility by minimizing joint inflammation.
Blood clots: It has also been found to be effective at treating blood clots and promote the growth of new blood cells.
Soft tissue damage: Injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments are more readily repaired when Thymosin Beta-4, which can also reduce scar tissue, is introduced.
Diseases: TB4 can help treat conditions such as autoimmune diseases and infections, as well as Lyme disease and traumatic brain injuries.
Muscular health: Improvements in the rate of muscle repair and growth have been noted, while it’s also possible to control muscle spasms.
Cardiovascular/neurological damage: TB4 has been found to promote new blood vessel formation, or angiogenesis, as well as neuron formation and improved axonal density in the brain.
Book Free Consultation!
5. BPC-157. Consisting of just 15 amino acids, the synthetic peptide BPC-157 offers various healing and regenerative properties. The partial sequence of this body protection compound isn’t found naturally in the body, nor are there natural biological processes that produce it. Instead, it has been derived from proteins found in digestive juices.
Peptide BPC-157 can help prevent stomach ulcers. However, a wide range of other benefits has been discovered. It has been shown to accelerate wound healing not only at the surface — where it can treat skin burns, improve blood flow, and increase collagen production — but also repair ligament and tendon-to-bone damage. Relief from discomfort has been observed in people who have muscle sprains, tears, and other types of injury. The peptide can also reduce injury recovery times, decrease inflammation, and protect the heart.
Whether you are looking to lose weight or improve athletic performance, this peptide has many advantages. Some other possible benefits to using BPC-157 regularly include:
- an increase in muscle mass and muscle building rates;
- faster recovery from injuries and workouts;
- improvements to memory, cognition, and brain function;
- stimulation of hormone production in the hypothalamus/pituitary gland;
- reversal of opioid tolerance;
- enhancement of GABA neurotransmission;
- relief from certain allergies and viruses.
The results of using BPC-157 vary from one person to another but are often seen soon after a dosage cycle begins. Typically, dosage cycles run from 6 to 12 weeks. Higher dosages often lead to near-immediate results in terms of muscle development, especially with injections. Some benefits may be seen in a few days while others might become noticeable over two weeks or longer. The immediacy of results differs with every person.
Hair and Skin
6. GHK-Cu is a naturally occurring copper complex that was first identified in human plasma but has recently been found in multiple locations such as saliva and urine. Copper peptides are small, naturally occurring protein fragments that have a high affinity for copper ions, which are critical to normal body function.
GHK-Cu has a variety of roles in the human body including, promoting activation of wound healing, attracting immune cells, having anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, stimulating collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis in skin fibroblasts, and promoting blood vessel growth.
Evidence has shown that it acts as a feedback signal that is generated after tissue injury. It seems to act as a potent protector of tissue and it is an anti-inflammatory agent that controls the oxidative damage that occurs after tissue injury. Further, it then plays a big role in signaling tissue remodeling which removes damaged/scarred tissue and generates new, healthy tissue.
Benefits of GHK-Cu:
- tighten loose skin and reverse thinning of aged skin;
- repair protective skin barrier proteins;
- improve skin firmness, elasticity, and clarity;
- reduce fine lines, depth of wrinkles, and improve the structure of aged skin;
- smooth rough skin;
- reduce photodamage, mottled hyperpigmentation, skin spots, and lesions;
- improve overall skin appearance;
- stimulate wound healing;
- protect skin cells from UV radiation;
- reduce inflammation and free radical damage;
- increase hair growth and thickness, enlarge hair follicle size.
7. Zinc Thymulin (ZT) is used to regenerate hair lost as a result of androgenic alopecia. Hair loss occurs in a large percentage of the adult human population and increases in prevalence with increasing age. Hair loss may occur in males and in females but is more prevalent in males. In the western population, it is estimated that 50% of the male population has noticeable hair loss by 50 years of age.
The most common form of hair loss in men is termed androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness). Most hair loss involves the inactivation of hair follicles, that is, hair follicles cease to grow hair. Literature also suggests that the thinning of the fat scalp layer due to age can contribute to hair loss through inactivation of the stem cells which regulate hair growth. A deficiency of Zinc will also lead to hair loss.
Zinc and Thymulin are two natural compounds involved in hair follicle growth and have been studied and found to promote hair growth. Combined into a spray solution, ZT can be applied to the scalp and treat hair loss, bald patches, and as well as initiate the anagen hair growth phase (the active growth phase of hair follicles during which the root of the hair is dividing rapidly).
Benefits of Zinc Thymulin:
- improves hair growth;
- improves the quantity of hair;
- prevents hair loss;
- improves endogenous hair pigmentation;
- a variety of alopecia states can be treated;
- treatment may be combined with other known hair restoration methods.
8. Kisspeptin is produced in the hypothalamus and is an important hormone that starts the release of several other hormones. It stimulates the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) which then causes luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) to be released from the pituitary gland. These hormones have a direct role in the production of testosterone and estradiol.
It has a non-hormonal role too and was originally named metastin after its ability to prevent the spread of cancer (metastasis). Recent data has also described its action in the control of metabolism. Recent data suggests that kisspeptin may play a role in food intake, glucose homeostasis, and mediating the effect of energy balance on reproductive function. Thus, kisspeptin may have a direct role in regulating energy balance and may also be a direct regulator of metabolism.
Improper kisspeptin function or low kisspeptin levels can cause problems. Specifically, the inadequate function of this hormone can cause male and female infertility. In women, the lack of this peptide can prevent menstruation which leads to other hormone dysfunction and the absence of ovulation. Sometimes, just one injection of kisspeptin can trigger ovulation, which can allow for artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization using the woman’s eggs.
Brain and Cognitive Capacity
9. Selank is a peptide that has been labeled as an “anti-anxiety” peptide and has also shown improvement in learning, memory, cognition, depression, weakness, and overall energy.
While most prescription drugs cause many unwanted side effects, studies have shown this peptide to have no negative side-effects or risk of addiction. Both Tuftsin and Selank have shown the ability to reduce anxiety and increase serotonin levels. Additional benefits include:
- improves anxiety;
- improves learning;
- enhances memory;
- strengthens immune function: Selank can increase IL-6 in blood cells. IL-6 is an inflammatory protein that is believed to help fight off infections. Selank can also stimulate the release of interferons, which are anti-viral molecules.
- helps with brain damage recovery: Increases BDNF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor), an important brain-growth compound;
- helps to stabilize enkephalins in the blood — these counteract the stress response;
- helps with alcohol withdrawal;
- helps to prevent weight gain and reduce cholesterol.
Selank is a peptide used as a nasal spray. This is because it will be digested by the stomach if taken orally. Inhaling is more effective for delivery to the bloodstream and into the brain. The typical dosage is one spray in each nostril daily.
10. Semax is a peptide best known for its nootropic, neuroprotective, and neurogenic/neurorestorative properties. It was developed based on the molecular structure of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH).
Semax increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels. BDNF is among the most active neurotrophins, which are chemicals that help to stimulate and control neurogenesis, the birth of new neurons in the brain.
BDNF has been shown to play a role in neuroplasticity, which allows nerve cells in the brain to compensate for injury and adapt to new situations or changes in the environment. Basically, BDNF helps to support the survival of existing neurons and encourages the growth, regeneration, and creation of new neurons and synapses.
Semax also helps reduce the breakdown of enkephalins. Enkephalins are mainly involved in decreasing pain, reducing inflammation, preventing cancer cell growth, and increasing immune cell activity. They also play a role in memory, learning, emotional behavior, and pain. Balanced enkephalins levels are needed to maintain normal brain function.
Some of the benefits of Semax include:
- increased attention and short-term memory;
- improved non-proliferative diabetic neuropathy;
- helps during recovery from stroke/hypoxia
- improved glaucoma optic neuropathy;
- acts as an analgesic (pain reliever) by inhibiting enkephalin breakdown;
- can be helpful in the treatment of ADHD;
- nootropic (cognitive-enhancing) effects;
- neuroprotection: may help protect the brain from various types of stress and damage.
Book Free Consultation!
If you’ve got any additional concerns or suggestions, please be sure to contact our experts using the button above.